Last Updated on
- Introduction – Masla-e-Kashmir
- The Kashmir Struggle – A Peak in Past
- 1947 – 1965 and 1999
- Present Day Kashmir
- Ethnic Cleansing
- Use of Force and Political Machinations
- Historial Prospects and Indian Govt Diplomacy
- Slaughter of Muslims in Gujarat in 2002
- The carnage of Sikhs in 1984
- The Kashmir Solution – Pakistan Stance
- Focused, Bold and Urgent Action
- Pakistani Premier in a Strong Position
- Highlighting of Ideology of BJP/RSS
- Warn of False Flag Operations
- Actions against Internally Jihadist Elements
- Highlighting the Impacts of Nuclear Weapons
- Disseminate the Horrific Human Rights Abuses by India Against Through Social Media
- Demand Azadi for Kashmir
The phrase ‘Masla-e-Kashmir’ has become part of the Urdu lexicon (meaning, the most intractable issue) is indicative of how it affects every soul in the country. It thus entitles a non-expert like me to comment upon the Kashmir issue.
India-held Kashmir (IHK) has been such an emotive subject for Pakistan that there have been three desperate attempts to take it by force.
First in 1947, when a spontaneous attack by mostly non-state mujahids from erstwhile North-West Frontier Province and twice more by leaders who wanted to become immortal in the annals of Pakistani history.
In 1965, Gen Ayub Khan authorised the infiltration of Kashmir, which led to war. And then in 1999, Gen Musharraf carried out an infiltration operation in Kargil to cut off Indian supply lines to IHK.
This time, an Indian PM is aspiring to immortality in his country by swallowing Kashmir through Nazi tactics and changing its demographics through ethnic cleansing.
Aware of the internal ramifications and risk to India’s secular global image posed by his gamble in IHK, Modi is in a hurry to change the situation irreversibly on the ground and is willing to go to any extent in the use of force and political machinations.
The complete veil of secrecy over what is happening in Kashmir, to the extent of making fools of themselves by sending back from Srinagar a delegation of opposition parties led by Rahul Gandhi after inviting them, is very ominous.
During the slaughter of Muslims in Gujarat in 2002 and the Sikhs in 1984, the Indian government kept mum and did not respond to criticism, nor called off its thugs before the objective of exterminating the desired number of ‘miscreants’ was achieved. I suspect something of that sort is happening in Kashmir currently.
It is, therefore, imperative that Pakistan’s response has to be focused, bold and urgent. One can pick holes in the handling of internal affairs by Prime Minister Imran Khan, but in handling the world, whether it be to solve country’s economic crisis or project the Kashmir crisis, he has made us proud.
His journey from a super sportsman to a fiery and clean leader of the world’s fifth-most populous country is a story that resonates with most international leaders, especially in the West and the general public.
For the first time, Pakistan has a leader who is being noticed and paid attention to by the world. One hears of unprecedented anticipation among the international community and the Pakistani diaspora in the US and Canada over his upcoming address at the UN General Assembly in September.
This combination of a desperate enemy in the form of Modi, who wants to ‘solve’ the Kashmir problem once for all, and a charismatic Pakistani leader in the form of Imran Khan is unique in the history of Indo-Pak animosity. It can be turned to Pakistan’s advantage if we play our cards well. Some of the practical things that should be prioritised, in my view, are as follows;
Firstly, the ideology of BJP/RSS as being akin to Hitler’s fascist ideology must continue to be highlighted at all forums, at a heightened pace and as state policy. Modi has to be equated with Hitler and India equated to a Nazi fascist country consistently, much like the Indians refer to Pakistan as a terrorist country at the drop of a hat.
Secondly, as a preemptive measure, the government should also continue to warn of a false flag operation by India through a Pulwama type incident, alongside taking high-profile steps internally against jihadist elements. The fact that any internal incident in India cannot be of help to Pakistan in the current situation, given IHK’s home-grown independence movement and the Indian government’s own provocative steps, needs to be emphasised.
Thirdly, the details of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, both strategic and tactical, should be highlighted in the media to draw a picture of the Armageddon the world will face in the event of a nuclear clash.
The conscience of the world will only awaken when fear of a nuclear debacle is impressed upon it. Internet videos (to be managed) can effectively convey how a nuclear war in the subcontinent will have worldwide repercussions.
Fourthly, it is important to disseminate details of the horrific human rights abuses by India in IHK and generally against its minorities through social media. All state and non-state organisations in Pakistan should be given this task. There can be no better information blitz.
Lastly, it would be in the interest of the Kashmiris if they demand Azadi only, without visibly displaying their love for Pakistan, because it makes their movement look managed by Pakistan, which it is not, and provokes the Indian government and public to further dig their heels in.
This is a do-or-die moment for the Kashmir issue and taking the eye off the ball will be disastrous.
The writer is a former Civil Servant.
The essays included here are from numerous sources or authors (sources mentioned in each essay). The beliefs, viewpoints and opinions expressed in this Essay are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs, viewpoints and opinions of Essaypspedia/Tech Urdu. The most important question is ‘how to write an essay?’ The answer varies from person to person. Yet, the main purpose of Essaypspedia/Tech Urdu is to give you an idea of the essays. It is now up to you, being an aspirant of the competitive examinations, to edit/update/improve/add in it. You can also submit your essays at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Essays Worth Your Precious Time
- Targeting Terror Financing in Pakistan | Complete Essay with Outline
- Human Development – The Status of Pakistan | Complete Essay with Outline
- Mega Dams and Catastrophes – An In-Depth Analysis | Complete Essay with Outline
- A Critical Evaluation of Challenges faced by the Health Sector in Pakistan | Complete Essay with Outline
Essayspedia Top Essays
- Targeting Terror Financing in Pakistan | Complete Essay with OutlineTargeting Terror Financing in Pakistan Outline Introduction The Mode of Terror Financing The Status of Terror Financing Six Aspects of Terror Financing Financial Institution Density (FID) Undocumented Human Habitations Frequent Migration of People Income Inconsistency Lack of Proper Rules and Procedures Social Media and Internet Outreach Other Aspects An absence of a well-trained, well-coordinated and … Read more
- Solved English Essays (For S.S.T General & S.S.T Science English Part)List of Essays appeared in Past Papers of (S.S.T General & S.S.T Science Papers) Life is StruggleShould We Abolish Examinations / Examinations Serve no Useful PurposeThe Most Interesting Book I have Ever ReadKnowledge is PowerA Stich in Time Saves NineThe Fruits of Harbor are Sweeter than Gifts of FutureVotes should be Weighted not CountedMy Idea … Read more
- Reading Culture | Complete Essay with OutlineReading Culture – The Case of Pakistan OUTLINE IntroductionMinimum Time to Read BooksReading Habits – The Case of PakistanReading Vs. MemorizingPoor Literacy SkillsIllustrated Books attract more ReadersRising Prices of BooksHow to Promote Reading Culture? Creating a Network of Libraries Hiring Qualified Librarians Writers and Illustrations of High QualityPaying high to WritersConclusion The tenth annual What … Read more
- The True Potential of Economic Corridors | Complete EssayThe Grand Trunk (GT) Road (and the subsequent railway line) spurred growth and opportunities to help create some of the largest cities of Punjab and KP. Off the top of your head, what is the most ambitious project to have been carried out in Pakistan in decades? One that will multiply opportunities for people, fix … Read more
- Fighting Women Harassment | Complete Essay with OutlineFighting Women Harassment OUTLINE Introduction Protection of Women against Harassment at the Workplace Women Harassment – Easy to Allege, difficult to Prove How to Fight Hassament? Highlight Harassment Issues and Creating Awareness Strengthening the Law to Making it Effective Redefining Sexual Harassment Widening the Scope of Sexual Harassment Sensitization over the matter #MeeToo Gender Balance in Universities and … Read more
- Pollution – Impacts, Types, History and Control | Complete Essay with OutlinePollution – Impacts, Types, History, and Control OUTLINE Introduction Impacts of Pollution Types of Pollution Air Pollution Water Pollution Soil Pollution Solid Waste Hazardous Waste Noise Pollution History of Pollution Controlling Pollution Pollution, contamination of the Earth’s environment with materials that interfere with human health, the quality of life, or the natural functioning of ecosystems (living organisms and their physical … Read more
- Understanding Balochistan Imbroglio | Complete FREE Essay with OutlineThe renewed wave of violence in Balochistan comes at a time when the geopolitical landscape of the Persian Gulf is dramatically changing and CPEC is about to enter its second phase. OUTLINE IntroductionCurrent Situation in BalochistanThe CPEC Renewed Wave of ViolenceMilitant Proxies and Regional ActorsBaloch Insurgency and Regional Geopolitics Recent Activites of Insurgency Afghanistan, India … Read more
- The Menace of Inflation | Complete Essay with OutlineThe Menace of Inflation Essay Outline Recent Inflation Stats & its ImpactsInflation in High-Growth vs Low-Growth EconomyBiased Inflation Measurements Phases of Inflationary Pressure Devaluation Adjustment in Energy PricesExternal Supply Shocks 2008 Economic Crisis Implications of High Inflation Impacts on the Welfare of Less-affluent and Vulnerable Households Higher Costs and Greater Uncertainty for BusinessIntensification of the … Read more
- Is World Democracy a Failure? | Complete Essay with OutlineIs World Democracy a Failure? OUTLINE IntroductionA Glance at Top Democracies Reassessment of Democracy Reservation about Democracy Defending DemocracyPeople Make Choices Democracy Relies on Collective Wisdom Democracy into Plutocracy The effects of Plutocracy Elite’s Dismissive Characterisation Social Revolutions and Egalitarian Future World Democracy in the Wrong DirectionRemoving Democracy FlawsThe Bright Side of DemocracyMature Democracy Elect … Read more
- World Forest Area Still on the Decline | Complete Essay with OutlineWorld Forest Area Still on the Decline OUTLINE Importance of Forests – Tangible & Non-tangible BenefitsWorld Forest Cover Current Forest Cover Forest Cover during Pre-Industrial EraHighest Deforestations during the 1990s Deforestation During the First Decade of This Century Forest Degradation – Main Agents Planted Forests – Importance & Increase in Cover Worldwide Deforestation & its … Read more