Punjab’s first-ever IT policy (2018) launched
The first ever Information Technology – IT Policy of Punjab Province (Pakistan) has been launched. The PMLN has launched the 1st IT Punjab Policy. The Information Technology Policy 2018, approved by the Punjab Cabinet in its farewell meeting.
Five Pillar of IT Policy
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- Citizen Centric Services
Also Read: Do you know that you can now UNLOCK your PC with your Mobile Fingerprint? Here is the step-by-step guide.
Importance of IT Policy
- The Policy will focus on bridging the digital divide across gender, region and economic classes.
- It will position Punjab Province as the IT research and development and innovation hub of Pakistan.
- It will be used for improving governance, efficiency, transparency, and accountability.
- The IT Policy 2018 would attract long-term investments.
- It will improve export remittances.
- The number of new IT parks through technology special economic zones (SEZs) across the country will be increased.