When a person creates his Blog and starts working on Blogger or WordPress, one of the biggest challenges that he faces is to get his blog qualified and approved for earning. The first option that comes in every blogger’s mind is Google AdSense. Well, there is no doubt in the fact that Google AdSense is the most trustworthy and reliable source of online earning. Besides, it shows quality ads and also pays well over time. The second option which is next to Google AdSense is Media.net.
Getting your new blog approved by these forums is not an easy task. You need some decent traffic along with quality content. In short, you need to work on the SEO of your site – which of course takes some time and efforts to understand. If you have a Blogger or WordPress site and you want to master SEO for free, then this is the most comprehensive SEO Course for beginners to advanced levels.
The other problem that a beginner or intermediate level blogger faces is to find a trustworthy and reliable ad network, since getting approval by Google AdSense or Media.net is not so easy. A reliable ad network is one that serves both the advertisers and publishers equally and takes a commission for the service. However, it takes a lot of hit and trial to find a trustworthy ad network to serve ads on your blog.
We, at Tech Urdu, keep testing new networks to find good ad platforms for bloggers and warn against any scam ad networks at the same time. Our YouTube Channel provides the same information in Hindi and Urdu Languages.
Propeller Ads is one of the most popular and fastest-growing ad networks among bloggers. It is a perfect solution for bloggers looking to monetize their WordPress or Blogger sites. It is a CPM network which is ideal for any beginner or intermediate bloggers. I tested Propeller Ads for a while, and I must say this is an ad network you can use without any issue.
As per the company, “The company was founded in 2011, out of a desire to create a better bridge between publisher and advertiser. We understand that both sides need to be equally catered for in order to have a truly successful network. Out of this idea our innovative user-friendly ecosystem was born, and with it our simple and direct mission statement – Advertise Easy”.
“Our advertising network offers multi-channel advertising solutions for display, desktop, video, mobile, and in-app. It’s important for ad formats to be optimized for each channel, so it’s a good thing that we are obsessed with the modernization of our algorithms and the use of the latest technologies. It’s our goal to always see where the next changes are coming from and adapt quickly to ensure that our publishers and advertisers are always one step ahead of their competition”.
Propeller Ads – Ad Types
By the time of writing this article, Propeller Ads offer various ad types like:
- Native Direct Ads
- Interstitial mobile ads
- Dialogue ads/Push up ads for mobile
- Banner advertising for all standard size
- Push notification ads
Depending on the type of blog/website you have, you can pick the right ad type to monetize your blog. I will walk you through the setup part also some tips to make the most out of this ad network. So, you should test out different advertisement options and see which one works best for you.
Some of the ad types like PopUnders generate great revenue but also hinder user experience in the process. So, be smart while using any of the Ad Types.
How to Setup Propeller Ads on Site?
Setting up Propeller Ads is really simple, just follow the step:
1) Sign up to Create your PropellerAds Publisher Account
The signup process is simple. Visit sign up page, choose what type of account you would like to create (Individual account or Company account) and fill in the registration form.
Contact information section:
- Email – you should enter a valid email address, where we will send an activation link so that you can complete the registration.
- Phone number – your mobile phone number
- Messenger / Nickname in messenger – your nickname in Skype, Telegram, ICQ or QQ messenger (put N/A if you don’t have one)
You will receive an e-mail with the profile activation link. Just click on it and your e-mail address will be connected to your PropellerAds account. In order to complete registration, you will need to create and confirm a password you are going to use for entering your account.
2) Log into the Publisher Administration Panel
Now when the registration is complete you can log into your PropellerAds Publisher Panel using your email and password.
3) Add and Verify your Website(s)
To begin serving ads and start earning, you need to add your website(s) and choose the AD format(s) you want to display on your website.
Click on the Sites section and choose the “Add site” option, then enter your website domain name and click “Add site”. Paste the code into the source of the main page of your site below the <head> tag.
3.1) How to Verify WordPress Sites?
- Follow the above instruction, then click on the Sites section and choose the “Add site” option, then enter your website domain name and click “Add site”.
- In order to verify your website, please copy the provided code.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Appearance section then choose Editor.
- From the Theme Files in the right column you have to choose the Theme Header (header.php) file, then paste the PropellerAds verification tag to the editor below the <head> tag.
- Go back to your publisher’s panel and click the “Verify” button.
- You can use WordPress Plugin like Insert Header and Footer Plugin for the same purpose. For details, watch the tutorial video given below.
- Alternatively, you can upload your verification HTML file to the root of your website.
- Once you’ve added the tag to your source code (or the HTML file has been uploaded), click “Verify“.
3.2) How to Verify Blogger (BlogSpot) Sites?
- Complete all steps and get your verification code (as explained in the above steps).
- Copy provided code and paste into the HTML editor of your Blogger account.
- Go to the Theme section of your Blogger account then click on “Edit HTML“.
- Paste your verification tag below the <head>.
- Remember: you have to close the <meta> tag with />
- Then just click on “Verify” in your PropellerAds account.
Congratulations! You have successfully verified your blog and now you are almost ready to monetize your traffic.
Editing your theme so it mixes HTTP and HTTPS may affect the security and user experience of your blog when it is viewed over HTTPS.
If you enable the “HTTPS Redirect” option and force your readers to access the blog using SSL, you’re going to see this error.
- Change all links to “HTTPS:”, using “Fix” – and risk breaking links to services and websites that do not yet support SSL.
- Fix each link one by one. The links that you leave as “HTTP:” will still throw “Mixed Content” warnings.
- Don’t fix anything. Your readers will see “Mixed Content” warnings.
- Don’t enable “HTTPS Redirect” – and let your readers decide how to access the blog.
Error parsing XML, line 3533, column 5: The element type “meta” must be terminated by the matching end-tag “”.
To verify a Blogspot based website please, add a “/” symbol at the end of the verification link generated by our panel.
If you try to add this link without a closing “/”, you won’t be able to save the theme and see a message about a mistake.
4) Creating Ad Channels
Once your website is verified you need to create an Ad Channel by clicking on the “Add zone” button.
Сhoose the type of Ad Zone you want to create (In-Page Push (Banner), Native Banner, Onclick (Popunder), Push Notifications, Direct link (Direct ads), Interstitial) and click “Get tag“.
5) Pasting the Ad Channel Tag on Site
Place the HTML in the source code of your website pages. The steps are are as you’ve verified you sites for Propeller Ads.
Please note that the ad script placement in the source code of your website is really important as far as it influences your ad opening and your results. It should be placed in the <body> of your website and the higher the code placement is the better your results are. Please note that placing the ad code lower than the <body> section might lead you to incorrect ad performance.
a) For Popunder ADs and Interstitial, the code must be placed right after the <body> tag.
b) For Native Subscriptions (Push Notifications) the ad script must be inserted after the <head> tag
And then you have it!
After you’ve pasted the “Channel Tag” ads will automatically start to show on your website and generate income.
You can add up to 10 channels for every website.
The intelligent algorithm of PropellerAds and our optimizing team are always working on your website seeking for the best fitting ads to increase your rates. Please note that it can take 3-7 days to get the best results.
That is it! You’ve done it. Happy Earning 🙂
It is important for you to know various kinds of ads on offered so that you can pick the right ad type and make maximum money. In the section below, I have outlined the different ad types and their essential pointers.
With display ads becoming tougher to be used with Adblocker, and Chrome integrating a native ad blocker, every ad network has to innovate and adapt to the latest technology to serve the publishers and advertisers. Web push notification is one such technology, and Propeller Ads is one of the very few ad networks that offer web-push notifications as an advertising option.
Propeller Ads Minimum Payout
Whenever choosing any Ad Network, always keep it in mind that it should offer minimum payout. You don’t want to be stuck with money in your account and not be able to cash out due to high minimum payout. In case of Propeller Ads, the minimum payout is a only $25.
Propeller Ads Payment Methods
Currently, PropellerAds supports payment using the following methods:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
Can I Use Propeller Ads with AdSense?
Yes, you can always use Propeller Ads with AdSense. According to Google policies: You are allowed to place up to 3 pop-ads on a page where AdSense is displayed. In my opinion, if you have Google AdSense approved on your site, then don’t use any other Ads Network on your site.
Do let me know your choice of ad networks and also your experience with using other ad networks. Also, if you are an existing Propeller Ads user, share your review and feedback with us in the comments section below.
[Video Tutorial] Propeller Ads – Quick Earning Solution for New (WordPress & Blogger) Sites [Hindi/Urdu]