Last Updated on
Assalam-0-Alekum and Welcome to Tech Urdu! Guys in this video I’ll show you how to use a USB Flash Drive, Pen Drive of any other Data Storing Device (like Hard Disk etc) as RAM. I’ll answer all the important questions in this regard and I’m sure you’ll get all your answers here and like the video.
IMPORTANT Question & Answers
- How do I stop using my pen drive as RAM and use it as a data storage device?
Just go to ready boost again and tick the mark on “Do not use this device” and you can use it as a data storage device.
- How do I remove the pendrive after completing my work?
Just go to computer Properties and deselect the virtual memory. Then go to the USB setting and remove the ready-boost (do not use this device) then apply and format. Then restart your PC.
- Is this method adding the RAM or replacing the laptop RAM?
It’s not replacing your laptop’s RAM. It’s using the pen drive as RAM memory along with your real RAM.
- Will using a pen drive as RAM improve game performance?
Yes, but probably not significantly enough because USB is fast in comparison to a hard drive, but not in comparison to real RAM.
- Does the pen drive need to stay plugged in constantly in order to function as RAM?
Yes, it does. If you remove it, your entire system will shut down, and you risk corrupting important system files. It is best to use a reliable, micro-USB and/or have it stuck firmly to the computer.
- Can I use this method on my laptop?
Yes. You can use it on your laptop.
- What does it mean to use a pen drive as RAM?
Using a pendrive as RAM might increase performance by using a different type of high speed storage (in this case, a USB pendrive) as room to do operations.
- How do I safely stop using my pen drive as RAM?
To turn ReadyBoost on or off, plug a flash drive or flash memory card into your computer. In the Autoplay dialog box, under General options, click Speed Up My System. In the Properties dialog box, click the ReadyBoost tab, and then turn ReadyBoost off, click Do Not Use This Device.
- Where can I check that the RAM has increased after using a pen drive?
Open Windows Explorer using (Windows+E), on the left hand corner. Right-click “This PC” or “Computer” (depending on your operating system). Then click Properties. You can now view all the System information such RAM, processor etc.
- Does the USB memory add to the total memory?
Not necessarily. The USB was made to carry data, so the data is actually on the stick, but is shown on the computer as “extra storage.” Also, computer storage is way different than memory; I suggest you read up a little on terminology so you don’t end up using the wrong words.
_ Source: Wikihow
- You must be logged in as Administrator to do this task.
- If you are using Windows 7, start by doing steps 1 and 2, but then a different window will pop up. Click “Advanced system settings” on the sidebar and continue the steps.
- *Ready Boost option will help your computer use your flash drive as RAM, however it will not help to physically increase your installed “RAM”. Using ReadyBoost option for gaming will also be of no use, but it will help your Windows to run a little faster.
Please Like, Share and if you want more such interesting and informative videos then Subscribe to Tech Urdu.
*** RELATED VIDEOS ***
HOW TO IDENTIFY REFURBISHED LAPTOPS & PHONES – Identification Tips and Guides | Buy OR Not | [Urdu/Hindi] https://youtu.be/fLdDO_yKwdM
HOW TO FIX A CORRUPTED SD CARD AND USB AND HARD DISK IN 6 EASY STEPS |URDU/HINDI| TECH URDU: https://youtu.be/cwjKSgxezRQ
HOW TO PARTITION HARD DRIVE IN WINDOWS 10/8.1/7/VISTA AND XP: https://youtu.be/vXNVvHpu2qU
KEEP YOUR PC OR LAPTOP? SAFE FROM OTHERS USE | HOW TO GET RID OF PEOPLE WHO USE YOUR PC [Urdu/Hindi] https://youtu.be/3ekr2SAECqs
HOW TO RECOVER MOBILE DELETED FILES, PHOTOS, VIDEOS | RECOVER ANDROID FILES | [Urdu/Hindi] TECH URDU https://youtu.be/JdHzfMfp9Lo
HOW MANY TIMES YOU USE PHONE | SEND A FAX WITH PHONE | COPY ALL DATA TO ANOTHER PHONE [Urdu/Hindi] https://youtu.be/pTyCj0lEycM
*** JOIN US ***
Tech Urdu Website: https://techurdu.net
Tech Urdu – SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/tulaibjavid
Tech Urdu on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tech-Urdu-1893879744173693/
Tech Urdu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tech_urdu
Tech Urdu on Blogger: http://techurduyoutube.blogspot.com/
Tech Urdu on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=nav_responsive_tab_home
Tech Urdu on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tulaibjavid/
Tech Urdu on Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
Tech Urdu on Tumblr: https://techurdu.tumblr.com/
Tech Urdu on VK: https://vk.com/id406665407
Myself on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/naeemjavid.muhammadhassani
Like, Share and SUBSCRIBE Please.
Take care and Allah Hafiz.
Regards Tech Urdu Team.