Live streaming on Facebook was first introduced in 2015.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to go live on Facebook using your Android device as well as your PC.
How to go live on Facebook with an Android device?
Follow the steps to go live on your Android device (Smartphone, Tablet, etc).
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the What’s on your mind section at the top.
- Tap the Go Live option. Facebook will ask for some permission like record audio etc.
- Select the camera to use for the live stream — switch between the front and rear one with the camera icon at the top of the screen.
- Give your live stream a title and add a location if you want. You can throw in an emoji as well.
- Invite your Facebook friends to join the live stream by taping the Bring a Friend option. The friends selected will get notified once you go live.
- Add some flair to the video with filters, frames, and text by taping the magic wand icon next to the Start Live Video button.
- Select exactly who can view your live stream (anyone, friends, specific friends…) by taping the To: … section in the upper-left part of the screen.
- Tap the Start Live Video button to start live streaming.
- Press the Finish button to stop streaming, after which you can share the recording on your timeline or delete it.
You can stream live for a maximum of four hours.
How to go live on Facebook with a Computer/Laptop
Follow the steps to go live on your PC.
- Click the icon with three horizontal dots that are in the Create Post section at the top of the page.
- Click the Live Video option.
- Add in all the details (description, location…).
- Click the Go Live button in the bottom-right corner to start live streaming.
Have you already tried Facebook Live on any device? Feel free to ask if you face any problems in comments below.
Cover Image: media.com