How to Fix All Issues of MS Word File Corrupted/Not Opening/Unable to Read/etc.
Before you read the complete post in order to solve your MS Word File error, please check the following pictures. If your Problem is related to any of these pictures (or having
Keep it in mind it doesn’t matter which MS Word Version you have, the nature of the problem and their solutions will almost be the same.
Scroll Down for Step-by-Step Video in Hindi/Urdu with English Subtitles.
MS Word File Error Types
Fix All Issues of MS Word File Corrupted/Not Opening/Unable to Read
Method # 1
Let’s start from the basic, if your file is corrupted and is not opening or whatever reason (as shown in the above pictures), so, first
- Right Click on the file
- Go to the Properties and in the General
- If you have like a read-only option then Uncheck on this one
- If you find the option like block/unblock so check on Unblock than apply.
Method # 2
- Open a New Word Document
- Go to File
- Go to Options
- Click on Trust Center
- Click on Trust Center Settings
- Click on Protected View
- Here you need to Uncheck all Options
- Then simply click Ok
Method # 3
- Open MS Word (New Blank Document)
- Go to File and then browse to your Desired File (Don’t Open it).
- Click on the down arrow near Open Tab
- Here you’ll see some options like Open Read Only, Open as Copy, Open in Protected View, Open and Repair, etc.
- Now try one by one to open your file. (I suggest you start from the last one ie Open and Repair and then move to other options.
Method # 4
- Right Click on Your File
- Go to Open With
- Browse / Scroll Down / Click on More Apps and select WordPad (You’ll find it at the end).
- Select it and open your file with WordPad
Method # 5
- Right click on Your File
- Go to Win RAR (or Any other WinZip Software)
- Go to Add to Project RAR (or add as a Zip File)
- It will then convert into a Zip File
- Double Click on this Zip File
- It’ll then open into a new window
- Open your Word File from here.
Method # 6
- Go to Google Search
- Type ‘Repair Corrupted
Word File Online’
- Go to Online Recovery Tool Box for Word
- Upload your File by clicking on Select File
- Fill the Email Box and Type the CAPTCHA
- Click Next
- It will repair your file
- You can download it by the download link
So, hopefully, one of the six methods will work for you. Please let me know in comments below that what Error Type (from above pictures) you had and which method worked for you.
Also, let me know if there is any other method.
(Video) How to Fix All Issues of MS Word File Corrupted/Not Opening/Unable to Read/etc [Urdu/Hindi/English]
SEE ALSO: (2019) Latest Google Tricks, Lesser-Known Hacks, Time-Savers, Easter Eggs & Search Shortcuts