What is a Blog?
A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or kind of a diary of a person. It is a place to express yourself to the world and share your thoughts, your ideas, your skills, your expertise and your passions to the world. In a nut shell, it’s anything you want it to be.
(Scroll Down to Watch Video: How to Create a Blog and Earn from it)
What is the Difference b/w a Blog and a Website?
It is one of the first questions that come to mind that what exactly a website is and what is a blog? Many of us confuse one with the other and interpret an answer of our own will. So, let’s just clear the air and reveal the main differences between these two online publishing platforms.
The basic difference between a blog and a website is the difference in how data is being presented ie the format. Apart from that, in practicality there is a fine line between a blog and a website. There are some key differences between them and this should clarify as to what you should go with for creating and publishing your content – a blog or a website.
Basic identification of Blogs:
- A chronological listing of blog posts ie newer posts remain at top and vice versa like techurdu.
- A commenting system that invites readers to participate in the communication and leave behind comments over the blog. The commenter is to log in first and then leave comments.
- Blog posts are archived by date, category, author, tags and sub-categories that can be reflected on the personal blog.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds for posts and/or comments for feed-readers like Feedly, etc.
Basic identification of a website:
- A homepage that displays content from several sections of internal website pages.
- A Frequently asked questions page that readers can browse to get more information like Wikipedia etc.
- A page of client testimonials and feedback.
- Company’s terms and privacy statements pages.
- A Contact form that allows visitors to get in touch like a University website etc.
- A services/products page that displays what they have to offer for the visitors like a merchandise store etc.
All Apples are Fruits, But all Fruits are not apples.
All Blogs are Websites, But all Websites are not Blogs.
What should you go with – Create a Blog or a Website?
So how to decide what you go for – create a Blog or a start with a Website? Well from above discussion it should be pretty clear that what you should go with. Still there are a few tip. Firstly, decide what do you exactly intend to do? If you are more concerned with creating content like uploading articles etc on a regular basis for others to read and comment upon then you should Create a Blog. On the other hand, if you want a full featured online portal with many abilities and possibilities, you should go with a website. If you have a company or brand, then you must have a website combined with a blog. One thing which you should know that most popular blogging platform ‘WordPress’ can always be use as a Website, and you will get advantage of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and easy management.
Difference b/w Blogger and BlogSpot
Blogger is a free publishing platform, while Blogspot is a free domain service provider. Blogspot has to be used with Blogger, but Blogger doesn’t have to be used with Blogspot. However, both are designed to work together in providing free blogging experience for their users.
How to Create a Blog, upload Posts on it and Earn from it?
So you want to Create a Blog. Well creating a Blog is very easy on Blogspot. All you need to do it to log into your Google Account (Gmail) and your Blogspot account is automatically created. In this video you’ll see the detailed instruction from How to Create a Blog? How to Write a post for Blog? How to Publish Blog? Blogs important Tips and Tricks and many other features are covered in this video.
Top 5 Amazing facts about Blogging, Blog and Website
- A blog can be a part of a website, in the form of a separate page and linked to the homepage.
- A website can be anything on the internet.
- A website could be anything from a single page to a 1 Billion-users Social Network like Facebook. Other examples inlcude twitter, Instagram, etc.
- It is amazing to note that the most popular blogging platform ‘WordPress’ can always be used as a Website. Sound confusing!!?? I think not.
- Blogspot is the free service provided by Google.
- How to Create a Website/Blog on WordPress?
- How to Check Your Website Performance from a Very Reliable Source?
- Top 3 Way to Earn Money by Advertising (Google Adsense Alternatives)
- How to Grow YouTube Channel and Get More Views?
- Quick Tips to Get AdSense Approval