New Toyota Corolla 2020 – The 12th Generation Corolla
The 12th generation of the Toyota Corolla sedan promises new design, more horsepower, and better fuel efficiency, according to the Japanese automakers who spoke at the launch event held on Thursday.
Scroll Down for Video
Highlighted Features of the New Toyota Corolla 2020
The 2020 model has numerous details which can be traced back to the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback introduced last year. It shares the same Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, general interior design, and a new 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
For the first time a Corolla Hybrid will be seen, the company announced. The details are awaited.
It is worth pointing out that the 12th generation Corolla which will be shipped to Pakistan, as we have seen in the past, will vary from the global model.
The Exterior of Toyota Corolla 2020
- The car has the same wheelbase as the previous generation.
- However, the company has made small adjustments; the front overhang was shortened whereas the rear one was extended slightly.
- The total height of the car has also been lowered along with the car’s hood.
- Adaptive front lighting has also been introduced, which will steer the beam around the corners as the wheel is turned depending on the speed of the car.
- At the back, LED lamps are standard and design will vary according to the trim.
- The LE trim will feature 16-inch steel wheels whereas the XLE gets 16-inch alloy rims.
- The sportier SE and XSE trim will come with 18-inch wheels.
The Interior of Toyota Corolla 2020
Safety Features of Toyota Corolla 2020
Following safety features will be the part of the Toyota Corolla 2020
- 8 standard airbags
- A version of active cruise control
- Pre-collision break assistance
- Automatic high beams
- Lane departure alerts with steering assistance
- Lane tracing assistance, which helps to keep the vehicle in the center of the lane
- Collision-avoidance braking to avoid bikers, vehicles, and pedestrians
The Engine of Toyota Corolla 2020
The 2020 Corolla sedan L, LE, and XLE will be equipped with the same 1.8-liter four-cylinder petrol engine as before. However, the company is promising better power and fuel economy.
The new 2.0-liter Dynamic-Force inline four-cylinder engine, with 169 horsepower and 151 lb-ft. of torque will only come with XSE and SE variants.
The vehicle will be available in both a CVT and a six-speed manual transmission.
Availability & Price of Toyota Corolla 2020
The price & availability are yet to be announced. Stay tuned on techurdu.net for latest updates.